Saturday, December 20, 2008

Eagles Concert in Houston After Hurricane Ike

The Eagles Concert last month in Houston, Texas at the Toyota Center was the BEST concert I've been to ever. I was somehow surprised to see the Eagles in black suits instead of some laid back California Beach attire or some rugged dessert looking attire. The stage took many forms during the night. The movie canvas behind the band showed sometimes abstract graphics or photos of cities, people, sometimes in black and white for effect. At one point the stage looked like a crystal ball. Tim and I were on the floor and I think the view would have been better sitting on the lower level seats closer to the stage. But, I enjoyed it immensely, it was a once-in-a-lifetime experience. I have a feeling this will be the last tour I will see of the Eagles.

Timothy sang Love Will Keep Us Alive... The Eagles played many Joe Walsh songs before he was with the Eagles. Of course, Don Henley had several songs, but the song I would have liked to hear was New York Minute, written in 1989, #2 on the charts in 1990 and has special meaning to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting...